Edvard grieg grieg - john pritchard piano concerto in a minor • peer gynt suite
The young Edvard Grieg was desperately unhappy at school, regularly suffering torment and abuse from his fellow students. But from an early age he was a highly proficient pianist, taught by his mother.
Grieg worked on a transcription of the concerto for two solo pianos, which was completed by Károly Thern .  The premiere recording of this version was by the British two-piano team of Anthony Goldstone and Caroline Clemmow. 
Biography telling of Grieg's personality, piano playing style, and composing habits, with quotes from him.
© 1995-2017 Classical Net
Use of text, images, or any other copyrightable material contained in these pages, without the written permission of the copyright holder,
except as specified in the Copyright Notice , is strictly prohibited. All Rights Reserved.
All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. This information should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional.
In 1868, Franz Liszt , who had not yet met Grieg, wrote a testimonial for him to the Norwegian Ministry of Education, which led to Grieg's obtaining a travel grant. The two men met in Rome in 1870. On Grieg's first visit, they went over Grieg's Violin Sonata No. 1, which pleased Liszt greatly. On his second visit in April, Grieg brought with him the manuscript of his Piano Concerto, which Liszt proceeded to sightread (including the orchestral arrangement). Liszt's rendition greatly impressed his audience, although Grieg gently pointed out to him that he played the first movement too quickly. Liszt also gave Grieg some advice on orchestration (for example, to give the melody of the second theme in the first movement to a solo trumpet). 
- David Newton & Thee Mighty Angels Paint The Town
- Little Tony And His Brothers - Vol. 3 - Splish Splash
- Randy Roos - Primalvision
- Brooklyn Dreams Make It Last
- D.F.X. - No Frills
- Lo Arthur Marie-Juana - Ma Zizou
- Swamp Horse Oracle
- M.A.R.E.E. - Nuthin' But
- John Lennon Acoustic
- Marc Charlan Rocky Kett The King Of Rock'n Rond / Seroka
- Jerry Lee Lewis - ? - The Killer The King
- Enrique Granados Granados - Alicia de Larrocha Twelve Spanish Dances For Piano
- Various El Encanto De Bohemia
- Hermes House Band - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Me Goodbye
- Malicorne - Martin
- Transcribeth The Foundations Of Principal
- Bloodsucking Zombies From Outer Space Monster Mutant Boogie
- Various - Het Volk Presenteert Kerst CD
- Rosa Marya Colin Cores
- Danny Joe Brown And The Danny Joe Brown Band - Edge Of Sundown