Duke ellington and his orchestra deep night / please be kind
Born Edward Kennedy Ellington, Duke Ellington was one of the founding fathers of jazz music. He started playing piano at the age of seven, and by the time he was 15, he was composing. A pianist, bandleader, arranger, and composer, Ellington and his band played together for 50 years. Some of Ellington's most famous songs include "Don't Get Around Much Anymore," "Sophisticated Lady" and "In a Sentimental Mood."
How the Maestro Began A Man and His Band
Choose another Musician or Composer
By 1931, Ellington scored a Top Five hit with an instrumental version of one of his standards, "Mood Indigo" and the following year scored a Top Ten hit with "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)," featuring the vocals of Ivie Anderson. He followed with a succession of hits in "Sophisticated Lady," "Solitude" and "Reminiscing in Tempo."
We have around 300 wines on offer and will be more than happy to help you choose something suitable from our wine list (pdf) , which includes wine mainly from France, Italy, Spain, Germany and Austria.
The Ellington band toured Europe often after World War II; it also played in Asia (1963–64, 1970), West Africa (1966), South America (1968), and Australia (1970) and frequently toured North America . Despite this grueling schedule, some of Ellington’s musicians stayed with him for decades; Carney, for example, was a band member for 47 years. For the most part, later replacements fit into roles that had been created by their distinguished predecessors; after 1950, for instance, the Webster-influenced Paul Gonsalves filled the band’s solo tenor saxophone role originated by Webster. There were some exceptions to this generalization, such as trumpeter-violinist Ray Nance and high-note trumpet specialist Cat Anderson.
" Blood Count " was Strayhorn's last chart, written for the Ellington Orchestra's 1967 concert at Carnegie Hall. The 1951 composition "Rock Skippin' at the Blue Note" showcases Cootie Williams , Sam Woodyard , Jimmy Hamilton , and John Sanders . 
- The Brooklyn Bridge Featuring Johnny Maestro - Blessed Is The Rain / Welcome Me Love
- Crystal Mansion The Crystal Mansion The Garden Of Love
- Les Trouvères - Le Cœur Gros
- Edvard Grieg Grieg - John Pritchard Piano Concerto In A Minor • Peer Gynt Suite
- Max Reger / Alfons & Aloys Kontarsky Music For Two Pianos
- David Newton & Thee Mighty Angels Paint The Town
- Little Tony And His Brothers - Vol. 3 - Splish Splash
- Randy Roos - Primalvision
- Brooklyn Dreams Make It Last
- D.F.X. - No Frills
- Lo Arthur Marie-Juana - Ma Zizou
- Swamp Horse Oracle
- M.A.R.E.E. - Nuthin' But
- John Lennon Acoustic
- Marc Charlan Rocky Kett The King Of Rock'n Rond / Seroka
- Jerry Lee Lewis - ? - The Killer The King
- Enrique Granados Granados - Alicia de Larrocha Twelve Spanish Dances For Piano
- Various El Encanto De Bohemia
- Hermes House Band - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Me Goodbye
- Malicorne - Martin