Mike sammes lord fred & the littermen 500 tons of paper
Since the discography is quite long, you can click on the desired section to reach it directly.
To come back to this navigation menu, simply click the back button in your browser.
- Go directly to entry # 72000
- Go directly to entry # 72100
- Go directly to entry # 72200
- Go directly to entry # 72300
- Go directly to entry # 72400
- Go directly to entry # 72500
- Go directly to entry # 72600
- Go directly to entry # 72700
- Go directly to entry # 72800
- Go directly to entry # 72900
- Go directly to entry # 73000
- Go directly to entry # 73100
NOTE - Releases 72000 through 72007 were issued on the purple label with the larger Capitol (dome) logo centered at the top of the label directly above the centre hole .
NOTE - Releases 72008 through 72015 were issued on the purple label with a smaller Capitol (dome) logo now placed in the middle on the left hand side of the centre spindle hole.
NOTE - The now-famous orange and yellow “swirl” label design first appeared on later copies of 72015.
NOTE - A number of different label styles followed after the 1960s (red target, orange, black/rainbow, etc.) and a “retro” purple label was used at the end of the series (1988-1989).
Serial Number Artist Title Capitol 71080 Renato Carosone Torero May 1958 - I’ve included this as it was a CHUM-charted hit in Canada in 1958 and the numbering is similar to the 72000 series Capitol 72000 Nicola Paone Luna Americana / Nannine The original purple label and its later swirl reissue Capitol 72001 Sergio Bruni E’Mezzanotte / Il Mare The original puerple label copy and the later swirl reissue. Capitol 72002 Tony Renis Libero-Ritmo Allegro / Quando Vien La Sera Capitol 72003 Gian Costello Romantica / Beguine Splende Il Sole Capitol 72004 Pino Donaggio (side 1) Tony Renis (side 2) Come Sinfonia / Lei This 45 featured a different artist on each side. Capitol 72005 Sergio Bruni Il Mio Domani / Carolin Da Capitol 72006 Sergio Bruni Luna Di Carta / Mandolino Mandolino Capitol 72007 Lale Andersen Ein Schiff Wird Kommen / Manchmal Traum Ich Vom Kornfeld Recorded in Germany, purple label, logo at top, small print, shiny sleeve Capitol 72008 Freddy Gardner Valse Vanite / These Foolish Things Purple, logo to left Capitol 72009 Will Fyffe I Belong To Glasgow / I’m 94 Today Recorded in England, purple label, large print, pink Capitol Tower sleeve Capitol 72010 Matt Monro Why Not Now / Can This Be Love Purple, July 1961 Capitol 72011 Joe Gordon Folk Four Football Crazy / By The Bright Shining Light Of The Moon Capitol 72012 Ian Wallace I Can’t Do My Bally Bottom Button Up / In Other Words Capitol 72013 Matt Monro The Thing About Love / I’ll Dream Of You Purple, November 1961 Capitol 72014 Matt Monro Love Is The Same Anywhere / April Fool Purple, January 1962 Capitol 72015 Charlie Drake My Boomerang Won’t Come Back / She’s My Girl February 1962
Some purple copies exist as well as swirl copies, both with the lyrics “practice till I’m black in the face”" The first issue was on the purple label with thick type (pictured here), and as little as a week or so later, the single was available as the first record on the new yellow / orange swirl, still with thick type. A third and later pressing was still on the swirl, but with the regular type we know.
THE FIRST SWIRL IN THE 72000 SERIES John King (Globe And Mail) recalls his weekly routine as a newspaper carrier for the Ottawa Citizen in the early nineteen sixties. “Every Saturday morning I would ride my bike from my home in Alta Vista to Billings Bridge Plaza to drop off the Citizen collection money at the “shack”. I would continue on my bike down Bank Street to spend some time and carrier earnings downtown. The Zellers department store at the corner of O’Connor Street and Queen Street had a “record bar” and this was a favourite place to purchase a 45. I vividly recall purchasing an orange swirl Capitol copy of “My Boomerang Won’t Come Back” at Zellers in April 1962.”
- Benny Goodman And His Orchestra A Treasury Of Immortal Performances "Benny Goodman And His Orchestra"
- General Trees Iron Balloon
- Jesse Jender Jessie Gender & Krystal Crystal Woman Is A Woman
- Forte' A Dead Breed...
- Chorus Grant Space
- Zé Carlos Damas - O Filho Do "Seu" Menino / Missão Cumprida
- Benaiah - Love By You
- Slow Motion Replay Presents Dunk Shot Brothers Flowers EP
- Ago - For You [Orly Sad OG-Mix]
- Joe Bataan I'm Satisfied / So Young Too Young
- Papa Biggy / Ernest Wilson Them Free Mandela
- aAirial À Ma Muse..
- Brian Cross feat. Keneida Waiting
- Cirkus - Savršeno Putovanje
- The Hot Club Quartette - Volume 2
- Fiction Factory - All Or Nothing
- Concrete Blonde Roxy
- Various - Target Super Comp
- ##### - MMXIII
- Respawn The Plague Gathering Of The Unholy Ones